Terms and conditions for competition
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By taking part in the competition, all participants will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions and to be bound by them.
- The closing date for entry to the prize draw will be 20th October 2016. Entries must be received no later than 11.59pm on the closing date.
- This prize draw is open to everyone over the age of 18 except employees of Oxford University Press (“OUP”) and their families. OUP reserves the right to request proof of age of any prize winner.
- No purchase is required.
- Only one entry per person. Sending an e-mail or completing an online entry is not proof that OUP has received your entry. OUP does not accept any responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, or damaged. Entries which are late, incomplete or illegible or not submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- Only the winning entry will receive the prize.
- The winning entries will be chosen at random from all correct answers. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize winners will be notified by e-mail within 14 days of the closing date.
- In the event that a prize winner cannot be contacted within the time specified, OUP reserves the right to withdraw their entitlement to the prize and award the prize to another entrant randomly drawn from the original entries received for the prize draw.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative in whole or in part. OUP reserves the right to provide an alternative prize in the event that the prize is not available on the advertised date or at all due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Personal details will be used by OUP only for correspondence with prize winners and to deal with any queries on the prize draw and will not be distributed to third parties. Winners may be required to participate in related publicity without further recompense. OUP will disclose the name and county of prize winners on request from a third party.
- If OUP is not able to run the prize draw as planned due to unforeseen circumstances, OUP reserves the right to alter, amend, suspend or cancel the prize draw without prior notice.
- OUP will not be liable for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any person entering or not being able to enter the prize draw or as a result of accepting any prize. OUP is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website or any combination thereof. Nothing shall exclude OUP’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2 6DP, UK