My boyfriend insists that his basketball team can perform miracles. Yes, yes I know what you’re thinking (and, quite frankly, what I’m thinking, too) that when it comes to men and sports, you should just nod and agree to anything said. Over the years I have been in Israel however, I have come to realize […]
- Kotodama: the multi-faced Japanese myth of the spirit of language
- Henry James, or, on the business of being a thing
- Can -core survive normcore?
- 20 words that originated in the 1920s
- Looking for love… and other popular search terms from 2014 so far
- How do British and American attitudes to dictionaries differ?
- Make mine a double: speaking of twins
- Farmily album: the rise of the felfie
- Language review 2013: from bitcoin to sharknado
- Infographic: a closer look at ‘selfie’
- What the Romans did for us: English words of Latin origin
- Why did Tolkien use archaic language?
Word of the Day: premonition - a strong feeling that something will happen …... oxford.ly/1pqWPep
#Quote of the Week: “You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question.” - Albert Camus
Word of the Day: brannigan - a brawl or violent argument... oxford.ly/1AiZlvM
Learn about the history of the French language in Quebec in today’s post: oxford.ly/1keSY7Y
In case you missed it... Word of the Day: guzzle - eat or drink (something) greedily... oxford.ly/1pggWys