- Affect versus effect
- Grammar myths #2: please miss, can I start a sentence with a conjunction?
- Grammar myths #1: is it wrong to end a sentence with a preposition?
- Lie or lay? Laying down the law on some puzzling verbs
- Compliment or complement?
- OED birthday word generator: which words originated in your birth year?
- Principle or principal?
- Rein or reign? Hold your horses before applying pen to paper…
- The Oxford Dictionaries Word of the Year 2013 is…
- The Oxford Dictionaries Word of the Year is… vape
- Video: acronyms and initialisms – what’s the difference?
- Feeling bright? 8 historical synonyms for ‘clever’
- Gallery: new quotations in the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations
- America’s war on language
- The peculiar history of cows in the OED
- What do you call a group of…
- 20 words that originated in the 1920s
- How do British and American attitudes to dictionaries differ?
- What the Romans did for us: English words of Latin origin
- Why did Tolkien use archaic language?
Alaafia to kapayapaan: words for 'peace' around the world oxford.ly/1DRsUJ2
ICYMI: Word of the Day: cumbersome - large or heavy and therefore difficult to carry… oxford.ly/1AlMdX8
The Oxford Dictionaries Community is asking about the format to use when writing foreign words. Can you help? oxford.ly/1zHmwjD
What a momentous day! We have reached 150,000 followers - many thanks to all of you out there!