- Kotodama: the multi-faced Japanese myth of the spirit of language
- Henry James, or, on the business of being a thing
- Can -core survive normcore?
- 20 words that originated in the 1920s
- Looking for love… and other popular search terms from 2014 so far
- How do British and American attitudes to dictionaries differ?
- Make mine a double: speaking of twins
- Farmily album: the rise of the felfie
- Language review 2013: from bitcoin to sharknado
- Infographic: a closer look at ‘selfie’
- What the Romans did for us: English words of Latin origin
- Why did Tolkien use archaic language?
'Your data was corrupted' or 'your data were corrupted': which one is correct? oxford.ly/1nBGfw5
Today's blog post looks at the strange and fascinating world of cow terminology oxford.ly/1rsMC5D
How old do you think the term 'flash mob' is? oxford.ly/1dBbP8K
Word of the Day: semblance - the outward appearance or apparent form of something…... oxford.ly/1nmsu3j
In case you missed it...Word of the Day: crowdsource - obtain (information) by enlisting help of many people...oxford.ly/1ndWHBA