Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight Saga has been one of the most successful franchises of the decade. On the back of her four incredibly successful books, there have been four box office hits (the fifth being released in the UK this month), a spin-off book, extensive fan fiction – indeed the mummy-porn sensation, Fifty Shades of Grey […]
- Kotodama: the multi-faced Japanese myth of the spirit of language
- Henry James, or, on the business of being a thing
- Can -core survive normcore?
- 20 words that originated in the 1920s
- Looking for love… and other popular search terms from 2014 so far
- How do British and American attitudes to dictionaries differ?
- Make mine a double: speaking of twins
- Farmily album: the rise of the felfie
- Language review 2013: from bitcoin to sharknado
- Infographic: a closer look at ‘selfie’
- What the Romans did for us: English words of Latin origin
- Why did Tolkien use archaic language?
Hot diggety dog: the language of hotdogs oxford.ly/UuS1Mi
In case you missed it... Word of the Day: setose - bearing bristles or setae; bristly... oxford.ly/1rMP8CP
Are frankfurter sausages from Frankfurt? Find out in today’s blog post: oxford.ly/UuS1Mi
Are you ever unsure whether a word should end -ance or -ence? We offer some tips and tricks... oxford.ly/11xIKVD